Wanna lose your belly fat? Here is a sure-fire way to drop excess pounds quickly. Remember, it’s 80% what you eat, and 20% is from exercise. Most people believe that exercise produces 80% of the benefit. They work out like a maniac in the gym and are not as careful with their diet. They wonder why they don’t see any progress. We also have been “fed” the last 30 years that we must watch calories, avoid fat and eat complex carbohydrates for energy. The new science is showing that a lifetime of “lowfat” grains, sugars, fruits (yes, fruit), cereals, bread, yogurt with fruit, sweet drinks all cause your body to store fat, create insulin resistance and lead to all kinds of chronic disease and accelerated aging!
Experiment for yourself and see if it is true. Cut your sugar grams to 15-20 grams a day MAX. This would require you to become AWARE of your nutrition info. Most people don’t want to take the step of KNOWING the actual nutrition in what they eat. Thisarticle, 10 Ways to Cut Sugar Cravings, will help you as you are weaning yourself off the need for a sweet ‘fix.’
Here are 3 options for you to get concrete with what you eat, and get back to your natural body weight:
1. Keep your sugar grams under 20 per day and your total carbs under 100 grams per day. In Jorge Cruise’s first Belly Fat Cure book, he says limit sugar to 15 grams per day. Most people consume 75-125 sugar grams of a day, or more! Look at labels or look up non-labeled foods (fruits & veggies) at http://nutritiondata.self.com or http://caloriecount.about.com/
Count everything that has sugar grams in it. Even nuts have 2 grams per serving. Look at bottled dressings, yogurt (even plain), your milk with coffee, your fruit, etc. Limit your carbs to a total of 100 grams per day, trying to keep each carb serving at 20 grams or less. Remember carbs convert to sugar in your body! Look at your labels and KNOW how many carbs are in a slice of bread, and try one slice rather than two! When you eat out, go for a lean meat, green veggie and a salad, and avoid the sauces. It’s what I call “clean eating.”
2. Try Jorge Cruises new Belly 100 program – His new & improved method to keep sugar and carb grams low, with one easy formula. Bottom line: look at nutrition label and multiply carb grams by 4 and keep your total for the day under 100 grams. This will factor in fruit, carbs and anything that turns to sugar in your body. For example:
- - a medium apple (3″ diameter) is 25 grams of carbs (18 grams of sugar)
- - 1 med banana (7″) is 27 grams of carbs (14 grams of sugar)
- - 2/3 cup of blueberries is 14 grams of carbs (9 grams of sugar)
- - 3/4 cups of strawberries is 8 grams of carbs (6 grams of sugar)
Multiply by the carb grams by 4 and you can see how the banana and apple take you over your 100 gram a day allowance. And, you see you can still have fruit if you choose fruits with lower sugar grams like berries. Look up your nutrition info and get conscious around what foods contain sugar and are high in carbs!
3. “What can I eat then?!” Send me and email for a cope of my “clean eating program” with meal ideas. In a nutshell, eat lean proteins, dark green veggies, nuts, seeds, avocados, 1/4 cup a day max of low sugar fruits (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries) and FILL UP on the healthy fats and veggies! To help you drop belly fat, and reduce your bodies need need for sugar, since carbs convert to sugar, limit your carbs/grains/breads/cereal to 2 servings MAX a day, where each serving is 20 grams of carbs or LESS. Typically one slice of wheat bread is around 20 grams.
Have you had belly fat loss success? Please share how below!